· Design and conduct experiments to develop low cost and high-precision
processes for R&D and product development for Photonics Devices (e.g.,
Fiber alignment, Lens align/attach).
· Contribute to specialty laser diode bonding process development, fiber
pig-tailing and optical alignment scheme development.
· Participate in the development of photonic package from concept to
· Contribute to the development of photonic packaging and assembly
capabilities, especially for Silicon Photonics device components.
· PhD with at least 5 years of engineering experience.
· At least 3 years of hands-on engineering experience in datacom/telecom/aerospace/military industry directly responsible for development, validation and transfer to manufacturing of laser or microelectronics packaging processes for high reliability products that involve free space micro-optics, fiber coupling, die bond, wire bond, & hermetic seal.
· Strong hands-on process development skills including DOE, SPC, 6-sigma, troubleshooting, and failure analysis.
· Familiar with functionality of micro-optics and suppliers.
· Opto-mechanical design experiences would be a plus.
· Understanding of device components and system level requirement is preferred.